Terms and Conditions
Some areas of the Site may include features, functions, programs or services (including, without limitation, casting calls, contests, promotions, marketing opportunities, photo or video or other submissions by users, uploading/posting opportunities, RSS feeds, etc.), which may be subject to additional or special terms, rules and conditions. Such additional rules are incorporated into these Terms, as if fully set forth herein, unless otherwise expressly stated.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; RESTRICTIONS ON USE
The content of the Site and all copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names and all other intellectual property rights therein are owned by Leopard and/or its licensors, and are protected by applicable USA and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. This includes, without limitation, text, illustrations, images, photos, videos, sounds, designs, scripts, software, logos, advertisements, products, interactive features, and the general layout and assembly of all copyrightable elements of the Site. Unless otherwise expressly authorized by Leopard or set forth in these Terms, you shall not have, nor be entitled to claim, any rights in and to the Site, the Site content, or any elements thereof. Except as expressly authorized by Leopard pursuant to these Terms or otherwise, you agree not to copy, reproduce, duplicate, stream, capture, access through technology or means other than those provided on the Site, perform, transfer, sell, resell, download, upload, archive, license to others, edit, modify, manipulate, create derivative works, publish, republish, post, transmit, publicly display, frame, distribute, share, embed, translate, decompile, reverse engineer, translate, incorporate into any hardware or software application, use for commercial purposes, or otherwise use or exploit the Site or any component part thereof. Any of the unauthorized uses referred to above would constitute an infringement of the copyrights and other proprietary rights of Leopard and/or its licensors and a violation of these Terms, and may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability under applicable laws.
USE OF THIS SITE
Subject to these Terms, we hereby grant you the following limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, worldwide, royalty-free rights and licenses:
1. You may access, view and otherwise use the Site (including, without limitation any features or functions provided on or through the Site) for your personal (non-commercial), lawful use only;
2. You may post a link to the Site on a third party website that is not in competition with the Site and does not criticize or otherwise injure us, and in a manner that does not falsely imply any endorsement by us, provided the site where the link resides complies with all applicable laws and does not in any way abuse, defame, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others;
3. You may stream Site content using any of the widgets and/or other digital streaming Internet video players, if any, provided on the Site for your personal, lawful use only;
4. You may cut and paste certain code expressly made available to you through the Site (whether such functionality is designated as “sharing” functionality or not) in order to embed, re-publish, maintain, and/or display the specific Site content to which such code relates on your own personal, customized social networking Web page(s), Web blog(s), or microblog(s), and/or, if the Site provides “widget grabbing and embedding” functionality, to “grab” a Site widget and embed, re-publish, maintain, and/or display such widget on your personal social media;
5. Where expressly provided by us, you may initiate and use a Site tool, function or feature that allows you to share Site content via email or personal social media communication;
6. Where a “download” link is provided in connection with specific Site content (including, without limitation, an image or video), you may download a single copy of such content to a single computer, mobile or other permitted device for your personal, non-commercial use only;
7. You may use any other functionality expressly provided by Leopard on or through the Site for use by users of the Site, subject to these Terms.
Your right to use the Site as set forth above is conditioned upon your compliance, in Leopard’s sole discretion, with each of the following:
1. You may not remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices or materials on the Sites or Site Content or on any copy you make of the Site Content;
2. You may not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Sites or Site Content;
3. Without the express written permission of Leopard, you may not use any automatic device (such as a bot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” the Sites or any Site content for any purpose, frame the Sites or Site content except to the extent we have given you explicit permission to do so, or use any of our trademarks as meta tags. Notwithstanding the foregoing, public search engine operators are hereby granted permission to use automatic devices (such as bots or spiders) to copy Site content from the Sites for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary) a searchable index of Site content that is available to the public. We reserve the right to revoke this permission at any time;
4. Except to the extent they are made publicly available via the Site, you may not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Sites;
5. You may not attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Sites or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
6. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify or attempt to discover any Site source or object code, software or other products, services or processes accessible through any portion of the Sites;
7. You may not use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Sites;
8. You may not use the Site or any Site content in a manner that falsely suggests you are associated with any of our licensors, affiliates, Sites or that violates these Terms.
Your rights to access and use the Site as set forth above are conditioned upon your compliance with each of the following:
1. You will not embed, re-publish, maintain and/or display any Site content on any social media or other web site or any other Internet location that contains or hosts content that is unlawful, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, discriminatory, harassing, bullying, vulgar, indecent, profane, hateful, racially, culturally or ethnically offensive, or that encourages criminal conduct, or that gives rise, or potentially gives rise, to civil or criminal liability, or that violates any applicable laws, or that infringes or violates any other parties’ intellectual property rights or links to infringing or unauthorized content;
2. You may not send spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, or harass, bully, stalk, harm, or otherwise cause mental or physical distress or injury to anyone, or defame or disparage someone, or engage in any other unlawful or objectionable conduct while using or otherwise in connection the Site;
3. Where applicable, including without limitation in casting applications, all information you provide relating to yourself or any other party must be accurate, current and complete. You will not provide false information about you or anyone else (including, without limitation, when you are being asked on the Site to provide accurate information about your age), and you will not impersonate or appear to impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresent your identity or your affiliation with any person or entity;
4. You may not use the Site or any Site content to collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view, display, forward, any material or information, whether personally identifiable or not, except as provided in these Terms or otherwise expressly authorized by Leopard;
5. You may not interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to interfere with or disrupt, the operation of the Site (or any elements thereof);
6. You will abide by all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in or associated with any of the Site content;
7. You may not remove, alter, interfere with or circumvent any copyright, trademark, watermark, or other proprietary notices marked/displayed on Site content, or with any digital rights management mechanism, device or other content protection or access control measure associated with Site content;
8. You may not use any of the rights granted to you or any of the Site content in a manner that suggests Leopard’s endorsement of any products, services or brands, unless otherwise specifically permitted by Leopard;
9. You may not use bots, spiders, offline readers or other automated systems to access or use the Site, unless you are lawfully operating a public search engine, in which case you may index materials from the Site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices (but not caches or archives) of such materials;
10. You will not knowingly transmit any material that contains adware, malware, spyware, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or otherwise limit the functionality of the Site, or any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
11. You may not do anything that is likely to adversely affect, reflect negatively upon, or harm the goodwill or reputation of Leopard or any of its licensors, affiliates, the Site, or any of the content running or being promoted on the Site (including without limitation any television program or elements thereof, or any program-related advertisements or other promotional materials or efforts);
12. You may not take any action that would, or would be likely to, prevent others from accessing the Site or any part thereof; and
13. You agree to use the Site at all times in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws, and to cooperate fully with Leopard to investigate any suspected or actual activity that is in breach of these Terms.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site may link to third party web sites or other internet or mobile resources. LEOPARD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONALITY, SERVICES OR ADVERTISED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FOUND ON OR RELATED TO ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY WEB SITE OR OTHER INTERNET OR MOBILE RESOURCES.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Your use of this Site is at your sole risk. Although we try to maintain the Site as current and accurate, we can’t always guarantee it. Accordingly, the Site is provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Leopard and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Neither Leopard nor any of its affiliates make any warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of content available on or through the Site and assume no liability or responsibility for any: (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of the Site (or any parts thereof); (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of Leopard’s secure servers or any personal information stored therein; (iv) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Site (or any parts thereof); and (vi) loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of the Site or any Site content. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable laws, in no event will Leopard, its affiliates, or any of their respective officers, employees, directors, agents, licensees or licensors, be liable to you or any other party under any theory of liability, for any indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other special damages (including without limitation for loss of data, revenue, profit, goodwill, or other intangible losses) resulting from your use of the Site or any parts thereof.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Leopard and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, licensees, licensors, authorized designees, successors and assigns from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and costs) that such parties may incur as a result of or arising from (i) your exercise of any of your rights granted herein; (ii) your non-compliance with any of these Terms; (iii) your breach of any warranties, representations, covenants, responsibilities or other obligations set forth in these Terms; (iv) your violation of any person’s intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other right; (v) the violation of any applicable laws; or (vi) your willful misconduct or gross negligence, in connection with your use of the Site (in whole or in part). Leopard reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Leopard in asserting any available defenses. This provision shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Site.
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTIFICATION; DESIGNATED COPYRIGHT AGENT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe a work appearing on the Site has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us at the address set forth below, and include all the following information: (i) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (ii) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Leopard to locate the material on the Site; (iii) your contact information, such as an address, telephone number, and, e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and (vi) your physical or electronic signature.
Attn: Legal & Business Affairs
127 East 26th Street
New York, NY 10010
Phone Number: 212-843-2821
Fax Number: 212-686-5369
E-Mail: [email protected]
These Terms shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York and the United States of America, without regard to any choice-of-law or conflict-of-law principles, regardless of where you live. Any action or proceeding arising in connection with or relating to these Terms, the Site, or any breach of these Terms, shall be determined by binding arbitration in New York, NY, before a single arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by JAMS. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those Rules), and shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall have the power to enter temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctions, and to provide other equitable relief. This provision shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Site.
If any provision of these Terms shall be held unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Leopard’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This provision shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Site.
You understand and agree that Leopard may, in its sole discretion and at any time, terminate or temporarily suspend your access to the Site, and discard, remove, and/or disable or deactivate any data that you (and/or anyone else) may have provided to or by means of the Site, for any reason, or for no reason at all. Leopard may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue the Site or any parts thereof or limit or restrict any user access thereto, for any reason, with or without notice.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you hereby irrevocably waive any right you might otherwise have to injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin, restrain or otherwise impair in any manner, the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of any Leopard or any Leopard affiliate-related television program, motion picture, production or project, or the use, publication or dissemination of any advertising or promotion in connection with such television program, motion picture, production or project. This provision shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Site.
Effective Date: August 22, 2014